You can apply for the Kohl’s credit card either in the store or through the website. Applying online and then paying your card online is fast and convenient for every busy lifestyle.
Applying for a Kohl’s Credit Card Online
A Kohl’s credit card is a smart choice for an individual who shops at the store often and pays their bills in full most or all of the time. Before you apply for a Kohl’s card online you should be aware that this credit card is store based and as such carries a higher interest rate than a major credit card that is bank based such as MasterCard or Visa.
Before you apply it would not hurt to find out what your credit history is presently. Often store credit cards are more difficult to be approved for than bank related credit cards. Knowing ahead of time if you would be approved can prevent disappointment and embarrassment from setting in after you have been turned down (in the event that this happened to you).
Making Your Payments Online
- When you register for the first time you will need to enter your social security number into the field, as well as your credit card number and your billing address. You will also need to create a user ID and password that only you will know.
- Once you have registered then every time you go to the Kohl’s website you can sign in. The button should be found near the top of the screen. You will need to type in your user ID and password whenever you visit the website.
- It will be necessary to add your payment account information on the page that shows up on the screen that pops up after you have signed into the website.
- In most cases you will provide your checking account information as well as the routing number for your bank.
- You also have the option of setting up auto pay for your Kohl’s credit card account.
- Many people like the convenience and ease of doing this because it means that the payments are automatically deducted on the correct dates and they do not have to do anything at all.
- In order to set up automatic payments for your Kohl’s account you need to do your banking online.
- You must go to your online banking website and add Kohl’s as a payee. Once you have done that then the payments will be able to be electronically sent from your bank to your Kohl’s charge account.
- From there you can proceed to follow the steps for making your payments. It does not take long and is very easy to do once you get into the habit of doing it.
Please note that if you wish you can set up e-mail alerts on your account that will let you know when your latest bill is ready for viewing. You can also set up automatic payments and have them so that the payments will be deducted from your account on the due date for the bill (or if you prefer the day before the due date).
If you feel the need to write down your username and the password you have chosen then make sure you store that information in a safe place that only you know about. You should never store your password on your work computer (especially if it is used by other people) nor should you store it on a shared computer, such as one that you use at the public library or an Internet café. You need to be safe whenever you provide any of your personal or financial information over the Internet.